- I want to join. How can I become a contributor?
First of all, you need to register and create a new standard account. After that you can apply as a contributor by following this link.
- Am I allowed to sell my music on other websites as royalty-free?
Yes! You are free to upload your tracks to other libraries. Also you can still use all uploaded tracks for promotional use, on your website or your social media accounts, as long as you don’t make them available as a free download.
- Can I remove my tracks from your site at any time?
Yes, of course. Go to your list of uploaded tracks and choose the files you’d like to delete. If you want to close your entire account, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- I am a member of a PRO society. Can I become a contributor?
Yes, you can. Please make sure you enter all necessary information during the upload process.
- Do I still retain copyright ownership if my track is sold on audiocabin.com?
You ALWAYS retain your copyright ownership. It’s YOUR music. We are simply the connection between you and clients from all over the world.
- What file format do I need to upload?
Please go to Upload Requirements where you can find all information regarding our upload process and technical requirements.
- Can I choose my own price for my music?
Sorry, we do not allow our contributors to choose their own prices. We’d like to keep our price structure as simple as possible.
- Do you review my music before it’s included into the catalog?
Yes, of course. We want to ensure a high-quality music catalog, so we carefully review each single track.
- How long does it take to review my files?
We try to review all files as quickly as possible. However, it depends on the volume of daily/weekly uploads.
- What about offering “Customization”?
If you mark a track as “customizable” during the upload process, you are showing the clients that you are available to re-arrange the track to fit their needs. Please only mark a track as such if you are able to edit the track, change the instrumentation and length etc. Also, you should be available on short notice to deliver within a reasonable time frame after the clients send their request. Please note: this feature is not available yet.
- What is my royalty split?
Every time your music is sold, you receive a fixed split of 50% of the net price after discounts .
- Will I get paid upfront?
We pay out your royalties for the previous month around the 15th of the following month. Ex: You receive royalties for January between March 13-17. We pay royalties directly to the paypal address you have provided in your settings. If you do not have a paypal account, you can sign up for one by clicking here. If your balance is above $500 within one month, you can also request a wire transfer (charges may apply).
- Do I have to pay ongoing fees to ASCAP, BMI or any other P.R.O.?
No. Even if you use a track in a TV commercial, the broadcaster usually already paid a fee to the P.R.O. But please keep in mind, that you should file a cue sheet to the broadcaster for the artist to receive his/her royalties. Please note: an exception are tracks that are registered with the German GEMA. Please contact us in case of doubt beforehand and tell us for what you want to use the music.
- Do you offer any discounts?
Of course. If you intend to license a large number of tracks, contact us in advance via email. You should also subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Facebook or Twitter so you don't miss any special offers.
- How can I test a track in my production before I buy it?
You can download a watermark protected mp3 version and temporarily integrate it into your project.
- I want to make a collection of tracks to send out to our clients.
Simply create a public playlist of tracks and share them via link or email. Your customer does not need to have an account with audiocabin to listen to the tracks or to download a preview.
- In what file format is the music I license available?
All original tracks are uncrompressed .wav-files, either available in 16 bit or 24 bit with 44.1 or 48kHz.
- Does the music I buy belong to me?
No. Only the use according to our terms and conditions/license agreement is permitted. A resale of the music is strictly prohibited.
- I downloaded a preview file of a loop but it sounds not seamless.
We convert all original tracks to a low-quality mp3 preview file. During that process, the system adds a few milliseconds of silence at the beginning.
Please note: all original .wav files that you receive after your purchase loop absolutely seamless and sound even better than the preview files.
- Where do I download my order?
After you have successfully completed your order and the payment has been confirmed, you will immediately receive an email with a purchase confirmation and all download links. You can also download the tracks via your account.
- Do you offer refunds?
We are sorry. When ordering purely digital products, a refund is excluded.
- How can I get a copy of my receipt?
You can download all your invoices here.
- I live in the European Union. How can I make sure my VAT ID number appears on my invoice?
You have the option to enter your VAT details during checkout. They also appear on the bill.
- How soon do I receive the music I obtained from audiocabin?
You will receive your download Links right after your Payment has been confirmed. However, it might take a few minutes until you receive your email. Please make sure to enter your correct email during checkout and don't forget to check your spam folder.
- I purchased music, but have not received my download link.
Please go to your dashboard and click on “Downloads”. Only when a payment has been successfully confirmed, you will receive an email and you can download the tracks. If the payment in your Purchase Receipt is pending for a long time, please contact support at email@example.com. Please remember to always include your payment ID if you have questions regarding your purchase.
- What payment types do you accept?
We offer the purchase via Paypal and Stripe / credit card. If you do not have a Paypal account, you can still order via Paypal and use your credit card. At the moment, we accept VISA, Mastercard & American Express credit & debit cards. Further payment methods could follow in the future.
- Will my download link expire?
Yes, but only the ones in your email. You can download your tracks as often as you like via your account but only as long as it is available on the website. Therefore, please download your files as soon as possible after the purchase.
- What am I allowed to do with the Standard/Premium License?
Please go to License Agreement. There you will find all information related to our license model.
- Do I have to pay again if I want to use the music on another project?
Yes, you can use the music for only one end product. So you need to purchase another license if you want to use the music for other projects. When it comes to cut-downs or other edits of a project, you do not need a seperate license for that.
- The usage I need is larger than your Regular or Commercial licenses allow. Do you offer a more expansive type of license?
Our licenses already cover a wide range of uses. For special requests, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is your question not included? Then please contact us!